Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Aye Aye Captain?

Sometimes, when cooking, you create a beautiful masterpiece. Something that makes you feel like a beautiful kitchen fairy prancing from fridge to counter, sprinkling a little of this and a little of that to create a magical finished product. 

Today's lunch is not one of those times. I'm going to call this an Aye Aye lunch because that's what I think it looks like. But, please note: that's not what I was going for. I'm not even sure what I was going for. I just hope this doesn't cause nightmares for anyone later. I'm going to go to my happy place and repeat "If it has a face that makes it cute" over and over.



If today's art hasn't scared you away already, click to read more.



Cute, right? Definitely not creepy or nightmare inducing in any way.

"If it has a face that makes it cute"



Today we have a banana bread muffin, with Ritz Cracker ears, M&M eyes, a prune mouth and chocolate fudge features as our main design. Beside it, in the main box, we have another cute face, this one made of cheese and pepperoni with ham roll up ears. And also tucked inside we have string cheese and more cut out cheese shapes.



For the fruit, we recently discovered that she enjoys cantaloupe and honeydew melon. Heart shaped melon, plus a few strawberries with inset hearts make for an unexpected treat.



We've been having trouble with eating our veggies while at school. Even favorites come home untouched. So today I included, at Tiny Bee's request, more sugar snap peas, and a cut up pickle. We'll have to see how that goes over.

I leave you with this photo of an Aye Aye, in hopes that you are not scarred for life.

Their faces are starting to grow on me.





No comments:

Post a Comment